Monday, November 14, 2011

Don't tell but

I've been doing a little costume sewing.  I don't want to be sucked into sewing for the drama club...that's a job beyond my abilities.

Buttercup needed a kilt so I read some online instructions, found the appropriate fabric, and whipped this up last Friday afternoon. 


Not bad for someone who doesn't garment sew.  I always liked doing Halloween costumes and since we're well past that stage a little costume sewing is actually fun.  There is just no way I could pull off the creative costumes I see on stage.  Velcro and elastic, that's what I can do.

The play, Macbeth, is happening this coming weekend.  Buttercup plays Lady McDuff.  I think she gets murdered but....shhhh.....don't tell me.  She plays some other minor rolls, too, but I'm not sure what all.  I like the element of surprise.

We're feeding the cast and crew tonight.  I have 2 crock pots full of sloppy joe's ready to go.  Yum. 

I am off to a little quilt store nearby.  Thread is on sale.  Want to take bets on whether or not I come home with more then thread??  Yea, I thought not. 

2 comments:

  1. ohhh well done ... for some one who doubts their skills it looks pretty good from here :) ..been a seamstress for our local operatic society myself .. don't go there ...lol .. and what did you come home with then ???? :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are busier than ever up your way, Pam, with the play thrown in the works! But, what fun for the kids--your kilt looks great. I hope your daughter appreciates your sewing talents :)

    ReplyDelete