Saturday, June 4, 2016

Summer comes.

With the start of summer I have a patriotic table cloth quilt ready to enjoy.





This was a spur of the moment start when I really had no business starting something new.  I guess I just wanted to work on something patriotic.  It took me about 2 weeks to complete.  I actually thought it would be quicker. Naturally!

The pattern is called Summer Picnic by Hen House Designs.  When I looked online to see if I could link it the etsy shop appears to no longer offer it.  Sorry.  It's been in my stash for a few years.


I am late at getting to the rhubarb this spring.  Of course, it was snowing as recently as May 15th and cold enough prior to that.  Then it was close to 100 last weekend.  Finally, we are enjoying some spring/summer so I got busy with some rhubarb jam.


This is such a simple jam.  Rhubarb, sugar, and pectin.  It makes a small batch so everything is manageable.  I will probably make another one or two.  We don't actually eat that much jam but I like having it on hand for little gifts or for making oatmeal jam bars.  Or toast.  Or thumb print cookies.  Ice cream?  If I ate it, yes!


Pam

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt. too bad the pattern is no longer available. off to hunt for one! HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect quilt/table topper for the summer, Pam. I really need to get at it and pull out my patriotic stichings and decorations! Hope June is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete