Monday, March 22, 2010

Ahhh, rainy days & Mondays.....

are my favorite. The kids are back in school, the Scholar has returned to campus after a whirlwind weekend, and my husband is away for the week (which means simple early suppers leaving a nice long evening for stitching). A rainy day in March is just about perfect, because, IT'S NOT SNOW. Oh, and I don't work on Mondays. What more could anyone ask for?

Here is a picture of Prairie Schooler's Daffodils that I finished last night. Can't say I'm happy with the Crescent Colors conversion. There wasn't enough contrast in the letters so I used all different thread for that. Also, the trumpets on the daffodils didn't always have enough contrast from the rest of the flower. Lucky for me, I'm not a perfectionist or I'd be picking those stitches out today. The overall pattern is quite pleasing, so I'm done complaining.

On Mondays I work on LHN's The Library along with my stitching pal Rebecca. I plan to take a picture after today's progress so you can see how that's coming along.

I'm off to see which project I'll spend a little time with next.

The Queen Bee

3 comments:

  1. Daffodils looks great to me! I love the sheep! But I know what you mean about color conversions - they can be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Prairie Schooler's Daffodils is wonderful. Nicely done.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so pretty! Daffodils always remind me of my dad. He used to send me daffodils on my birthday.

    I used a conversion for PS Autumn Winds and ran into the same thing. Just not enough contrast for the letters and they were kind of hiding in the grass.

    ReplyDelete