Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The right jewelry

for the job.

On Saturday my order from Keepsake Quilting arrive with this very cute Kitty Scissors Sitter pin . I'm sure everyone knows how hard it is to keep track of your cute little scissors while stitching the evening away. I can hang my cheaters as well as rest my scissors and needle on the magnetic kitties. Voila... no more lost necessities. Perfect.

I have just finished reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. This book was, seriously, hard work to read. Each chapter was a short story about either Olive Kitteridge or someone else in the same town. Aside from disliking Olive for the bitter ogre that she was, I had a heck of a time figuring out when and how the chapters tied into each other. They spanned 30 or 40 years with no clear indication when each story took place. Olive cropped up in each story in one way or another sort of linking them. Sometimes I could figure the timing out by something that was mentioned, and sometimes not. I also couldn't always figure out what the point of some of the stories was. I was constantly trying to remember if a previous story had mentioned these same people or not. I really should have remembered my dislike for short stories and skipped this book. Is there anyone who did like it? I'd love to hear what it was about the book or Olive that you found enjoyable.

I think I'll find something lighter and easier to read today. The sun has dared to peak out so I don't want to hide away in my basement sewing room since the sun has been absent for so long.

So, I'm off to finish the day's cleaning and pick up something new to read.

The Queen Bee



No comments:

Post a Comment