Finally, pictures of the rest of my finishes.
It's a general mish-mash of items.
I made two charity baby quilts. Neither is terribly exciting.
I had a variety of pink fabrics that were smaller squares than I usually keep... 4 1/4. An odd size that seemed wasteful to cut down to the sizes I normally keep.
Since I had even more squares after the first quilt I pulled a few more scraps and played around with a disappearing 4 patch block.
I thought the end result wasn't too bad...especially considering what a mess I thought it was before sashing, borders, and quilting.
I also finished July's A Year In Chalk.
The binding and a sleeve have been added to Over the River and Through the Woods.
I used a quilt pattern that looks like wind to enhance the embroidery. This will hang in a local quilt show at the end of August.
And finally, I made two more Journey Bags. This time I made them 2 inches wider, an inch longer, and squared off the bottom. They will act as a purse better this way. The previous example was very long and thin...the perfect size for an ipad but not for a wallet.
Everyone who sees these bags likes all the outside pockets. I especially like the cell phone pocket on the front and the nice big pocket on the back to slip your car keys in for easy retrieval.
I have a few more WIPs that might remain in hiding a bit longer because I am ready to move on to a new item or two. I won't forget them, though. I just need a break from half finished projects.
Hopefully next time I will have something new to show.