Saturday, August 22, 2015

A quilt I just can't forget.

At the end of July I went to the AQS Quilt Show in Syracuse and spent the day mostly shopping but, of course, also browsing the lovely quilts entered in the show.

As a side note:  I went to another national show and was so disappointed in the quilts.  I don't think there was a single quilt I wanted to get closer to.

Anyhow, when browsing online for the pattern of a quilt I greatly admired at the Syracuse show this is what I found:



Let Them Eat Cake by Nancy Hieronymus Barrett of With Needle and Thread

A cute enough pattern.

However, it looks absolutely nothing like this:


This quilt was called One Cake, Two Cakes, Red Cake Blue Cake.


The detail just blew me away.


I had never seen this binding before but it is called a Loop Binding.




The quilt was made by Linda Neal and quilted by Jackie Brown.


Just amazing.

For another detailed post about this quilt check out this one.  It even includes a picture of the maker with her quilt.

I hope some of you quilt fans get to see this beauty in person as it's traveling with the AQS show. 

I think I'm a pretty good quilter but I will never ever be able to create this!

Pam






1 comment:

  1. Wow...that really is a unique quilt! The quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete