Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ouch!




Does this make me look old? Seriously, is this enough gray hair to age me beyond my 46 years? That's a rhetorical questions, by the way. I know everyone is shaking their heads no and wondering what the heck I'm worrying about. Had this only happened once I wouldn't let it get to me but it happened TWICE in one week! While shopping at 2 different department stores this week the sales clerks asked me if I was a member of the senior discount club! OUCH! The one was called '50 Plus' so I already know how old you have to be to participate. I didn't stick around long enough to find out about the second one. The Scholar told me I should have just said 'yes' and taken whatever discount they were offering. But, I say no way! I've got a minimum of 3 1/2 years before I'm signing up for any one's senior discount program.

I told my husband that they (meaning he and the kids) were aging me beyond my years. Always the quick thinker, he blamed it on the kids then asked what stores we weren't ever going to shop in again.


Buttercup reminded me that we would soon be in Florida where I would certainly look young.... simply because I was! What a sweety.

Many deep sighs from me.

I am not going to start dying my hair. I wear it too short anyway. Every time I got it cut (which is every 4 or 5 weeks) I'd have to get it dyed again because the back is so short. My hair dresser tells me all the time how nice my 'silver' hair is. Soft and shiny, etc. In fact, if it ever turns white I'm going to dye it silver. I figure I earned the grays I'm going to show them off.

So, I guess I'm going to have to investigate some other ways to look younger.

The Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment