Thursday, May 26, 2011

My nest is full.

For a few weeks, anyhow, all my kids are home.  Until summer camp jobs begin we're all full up here.  The wandering child is catching up on sleep and adjusting to our time zone.  (I think she wishes she was still in Spain but all good things must come to an end.)

Since we missed her birthday in April we celebrated last night with our traditional dinner and cake.  I'm happy to say our bakery doesn't need to be featured on Cake Wrecks.  Always a good thing.  Per her request.... dinner was hamburgers and the cake was a cookie cake. 

I can now reveal the photo quilt I made using pictures from her various travels.  I hadn't sewn the binding down when I snapped these photos. 

 This was a fun wall hanging to make.  Very different from the usual photo quilts I've seen.  I have fabric to make another from our trip to Colorado a couple years ago. Now that I know how easy it is to print the photos onto the fabric I'll try to get to it sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment