Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Block of the months

have a draw that I can't seem to resist.  They're usually for more complicated quilts... the kind that you'd look at and feel over-whelmed by...so you pass them by.  The idea is simple.... break it down into 6 or 12 steps that are much more manageable.  Then, only send 1 month at a time.  I'm a sucker.  I sign up, I see myself keeping up, I start (maybe), then get involved in something else.  I will eventually get back to it and finish.  I've proven that over and over again, so I continue to admire BOM kits and have most recently signed up for 2 such projects! 

First, this photo is of a block of the month quilt that I made by taking a class at my local quilt shop.  I showed it in a blog post last May..... but it's the basis of what made me sign up for the first of the 2 I'll show today.

It hangs in a hallway and I love it every time I see it.  (I think it's redder in real life)

So, when I saw this quilt I knew it was the perfect compliment to my house quilt.  

This one is thru Shabby Fabrics.  (Which is where I also got the picture.)

This next one is from Quilting by the Bay and is called The Great Pumpkin.  I love anything fallish with pumpkins. 
Don't they both look great?  I can't wait until they start arriving. 

On the cross stitch front..... I've put aside my Crazy January Challenge pieces to start another challenge..... this one is less formal... leaving room for my not-so-creative mind to personalize it.  Read all about it here.  Somehow I suspect mine will have a strong resemblance to the original. 

Now, if there would just be something worth watching on tv so I can get back to my usual stitching schedule.  It doesn't help that our DVR imploded and took all our taped programs with it.  Darn technology. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your already made quilt is gorgeous, Pam--love the little bunnies and the cats sitting in the windows. And the soon-to-be-made quilts are equally pretty. I love the pumpkin one especially. I'll bet you'll stick with these as they arrive each month and you'll have two new beauties to hang in your home by this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric is more used in everyday life which is why I love fabric.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete