Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The mystery is solved.


Today I put the last stitches in the binding of the mystery quilt my local quilt shop featured last fall.  Most people were assembling their quilts at my winter quilt retreat.  Mine stalled out when I had so many obligation projects.

A few weeks ago I finally got back to it and can now show the end results.

The mystery pattern was called Fabric Foolishness by Debbie Caffrey.  

A closer view shows my focus fabric better....ice cream.  A nice summery fabric.

The down side of a mystery quilt is that you can't project the placement of the fabrics when you're choosing them.  I did ask the shop girls for opinions and they voted down the pink I had picked out.  I am disappointed that I didn't hold my ground.  As soon as it was finished I wished it had some pink.  I guess that's just the way it goes.

I am working on a few new projects now that I've completed an old project or two.  Maybe I'll manage a few progress reports.  You never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment