Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Things always seem to come in that combination.  

First...the bad and ugly go together....as they often do.  

What's wrong with this picture?  If you aren't familiar with a long arm I am sure it's not obvious but I had to take the quilt off the rollers, remove the roller bars and take the machine to the store for repairs....mid project.  I will be out of commission for a couple weeks.


This is the scrap quilt I took to Florida to finish.  It has been in the works for almost two years.  It is made from nothing but scraps.  Lucky for me it is 'just a scrap quilt' because this is what the machine did when it went all haywire. 



Yup..that's a tear.  All layers are torn and the machine's timing is messed up.  I will work a bit of heat'n'bond up under each flap and adhere it all together.  It won't show in the end but..man...I'd be beside myself if it was one of the projects I was really invested in.

On a happier note... The good!  It's finished!



I was aiming for April 30th but then a funny thing happened.  I forgot about it and spent a few days working on something else.  I kept packing it up and moving it between stitching chairs.  It was in a project bag...out of sight out of mind.  I only lost a few days and got back at it once I discovered it.  

Now I can put this mess away...



I am going to do something quick and fun before getting back to a Year in Chalk.

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Snowmen finish! Doesn't it feel good to get something that seems like it has taken a long time done? I know how I feel. That's too bad about the tear in your quilt. Hope you get your machine fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Snowmen look amazing!
    How awful about your machine acting up. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the machine mess, Pam--as you say, it's a good thing it wasn't on an heirloom type quilt. Whew! Hope it's fixed quickly...

    The Snowmen piece is darling--a lot of time and stitching went into that one, that's for sure! Love it on the blue fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete