Things always seem to come in that combination.
First...the bad and ugly go together....as they often do.
What's wrong with this picture? If you aren't familiar with a long arm I am sure it's not obvious but I had to take the quilt off the rollers, remove the roller bars and take the machine to the store for repairs....mid project. I will be out of commission for a couple weeks.
This is the scrap quilt I took to Florida to finish. It has been in the works for almost two years. It is made from nothing but scraps. Lucky for me it is 'just a scrap quilt' because this is what the machine did when it went all haywire.
Yup..that's a tear. All layers are torn and the machine's timing is messed up. I will work a bit of heat'n'bond up under each flap and adhere it all together. It won't show in the end but..man...I'd be beside myself if it was one of the projects I was really invested in.
On a happier note... The good! It's finished!
I was aiming for April 30th but then a funny thing happened. I forgot about it and spent a few days working on something else. I kept packing it up and moving it between stitching chairs. It was in a project bag...out of sight out of mind. I only lost a few days and got back at it once I discovered it.
Now I can put this mess away...
I am going to do something quick and fun before getting back to a Year in Chalk.