Friday, January 15, 2016

A fun finish.

Starting in the spring of 2015 I took part in Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage sew along.  The idea was to make two blocks each week and by fall we'd have all the blocks necessary to make the quilt.  I opted for the 6 inch blocks rather than the 12 inch.  I just didn't need a quilt quite that big.


My quilt comes in at about 60 inches by 72 inches.  Plenty big enough for a decorative quilt.


I really enjoyed working outside my usual color-way...not to mention my usual style.


I found the perfect backing.  I'm sorry to say that I don't have a salvage with the information to share. That was a goof on my part.  I have a whole bin of salvages to someday make into something but I guess I didn't save this one?  So weird.  I just bought it this past fall so it's a fairly new fabric.


One of the fun things Lori did was make extra blocks and combine them into smaller table toppers, etc.   My favorite (at the moment) block is the 'Pie Cherries' block.  I created a fourth block all on my own.  A cherry pie and rolling pin. I think it's a cute little table topper.  So summery.


There are a ton of fun blocks and projects in the Farm Girl Vintage book if you've been holding off on purchasing it or have tucked it away.  I was just flipping through it and see other blocks I'd like to make into a little something.

I am organizing projects for my time in Florida.  Oh, the stitching time I'm assuming I'll have!  I have also done a tiny bit of finish-finishing and have also stitched a couple little things that will have to wait another few days for their moment.

Pam


6 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed with talent like yours. I have no talent for things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so impressed with talent like yours. I have no talent for things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt! The backing IS perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! I love the colours. They're so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very pretty quilt. bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete