Friday, February 26, 2016

A late update.

I traveled home on Wednesday...which ended up including part of Thursday...so I'm a bit late in my Murky Manor update.

Here is an update of my Florida stitching on this long forgotten piece:

This is where I started.


After week 1 it looked like this:


It was a slow start.  I had to figure out where I was, had a false start, then had to change the fiber used in the ghost...which was a very slow stitch.

I felt like week 2 was the week I managed the most stitching time.  It rained steadily for 2 days making outdoor activities unappealing.


During week 3 I made steady progress on the actual mansion.


I was pleasantly surprised by how much more progress I made in week 4 despite thinking I had far less stitching time.  I think that means it has become a much easier piece to work on.


This is where progress comes to a halt as I've left the piece in Florida.  I will be returning to over-see another renovation project so I anticipate a lot of stitching time.  As much as I wanted to just keep going I will have this to look forward to when I return.  Plus, it will save planning and packing for the next time around.

I get to search my stash for something to start.  Who doesn't love that?  I can't even say what I'm leaning towards because, until I'm actually putting needle to fabric, my plan can change.  As my kids would say...squirrel!??

Pam



2 comments:

  1. Spook-tacular progress on your project Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made great progress and nice to know you'll be working on it again soon. Did you pick a new project yet?

    ReplyDelete