Monday, August 23, 2010

A new WIP


I felt it was time to start something new so I took a look in my basket and pulled out this pattern. I loved this La-D-Da pattern when it first came out so I bought it along with the recommended WDW fabric and NPS fibers. Song of the South was the very first movie I ever saw in the theatre. I understand all the controversy that surrounds the movie but that doesn't change the memories I have of the movie and the music.

Next, here is what I'm working on in my sewing room. This project was spread out along my ironing board when I set out to take the above picture so I snapped a quick picture.


There are 30 squares that make up the quilt. Currently I think I have 18 finished. I expect to finish the entire thing in the next week or two.

I will try to resist the temptation to change my background every week. This is the one I really wanted but was having trouble getting the font color so it could be read. We'll see how this works out.

(And clearly, if you had the misfortune of stopping by while I was messing with the background I'm not having any luck because currently there is no background.)

Until next time, I'm off. Thanks for stopping by.

The Queen Bee

4 comments:

  1. I love Song of the South and wish they would bring it back to buy!! And I agree with Lee, Baby Mine is a tear-jerker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting project looks so good. I'M looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zippity Do Da really does look like a fun piece to stitch! And that's amazing to me that you'll have your quilt done in a week or two--wish I could be that productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours for the quilt are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete