Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finally.... some pictures

of my quilt.  I wanted to finish the snowball squares before showing what I started while on my retreat a couple weeks ago.  I wasted an entire day fixing the 112 (10 piece) squares that went together to form the 28 blocks.  I was just sewing away and never paid attention to the placement of the dark squares.  Duh. 

 You can click the picture to get a larger view.....or maybe see it better in this picture.
 It's called Apple Crisp and it's a pattern in the October 2010 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine.  I loved the colors.  I have all the blocks done so now I just need to sew the rows together. 

I have also started my piece for Lee's Older but Better challenge.  Maybe I'll finish it by my birthday... no promises, though, since I still have the majority of my Crazy January Challenge pieces in the works. 

I will curb my urge to vent.... but I will say I'm a little on the tired side of people complaining about the weather.  IT'S MARCH IN THE NORTH EAST.  What do you expect?  We had snow on Mother's Day last year, for heavens sake.  I never decorate for spring early.... it only makes it seem that much further away.  I was even resistant to changing my background to something flowery.  I was ready for a change from the snowman but couldn't find a working background of mud.  Ha...... see, that's the upside of snow in March.  It covers the mud and you can see the birds better.  People must learn to look at the upside of more things... especially when you can't do a darn thing about it.  Get over it, get on with it.  Life's a whole lot easier to take that way. 

1 comment:

  1. I love how people here are on and on about how much snow we got this year when LAST YEAR was the snowiest on record. (This year is only #11, so far.) But I lived in Los Angeles for 14 years where EVERY February people forgot it had rained for two weeks straight last February. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete