I was happily working away on my Homestead Star quilt yesterday when I assembled my first block and opened it to see this...
I looked at the block and wondered how those corner stones came together to form the secondary star. Well...as it turns out...in this case they wouldn't!
Here is an unsewn sample of how the block should look.
Luckily I didn't just start sewing rows then blocks without looking.
The final link-up for Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusions is up today. I added my post but haven't taken the time to browse the other finishes. I've seen some online and know that I'm not the only one that made changes.