Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ta da...














On Sunday I finished LHN's Poinsettia House. It was a fairly quick piece to stitch despite the fact that it took me 3 months! There were a whole lot of other things being stitched at the same time so don't laugh.


Now, onto.....

Daffodils by The Prairie Schooler. This was not going to be my next start but guilt got the better of me. I think it was 2 years ago that I bought 3 Prairie Schooler patterns from Shakespeare's Peddler with the Crescent Colour conversions. There were a total of 4 pieces I planned to stitch from those 3 books. I splurged and bought the matching frames along with the 32 count Lambswool linen and Crescent Colour threads. So far, I've stitched 2 of the pieces so I'm not a total slacker. Yesterday I decided that I should start another one since I'd invested so much money in them. Choosing Daffodils was a no brainer. The colors are so springy. Just what we need right now as we prepare for a snow storm. We're supposed to get a foot of snow starting tomorrow afternoon. At least I'll be looking at spring on paper.

Alas, LHN's Mississippi Riverboat will just have to wait a little longer.

I'm off.

The Queen Bee

4 comments:

  1. Poinsettia House is a very pretty finish. It will be fun to stitch something in spring colors. Enjoy your new start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a spring start would be a great way to forget all the shoveling that we'll need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish and I can't wait to see your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finish, I love Poinsettia House. Your new project is wonderful. And so perfect for a stitchy spring.

    ReplyDelete