Sunday, July 18, 2010

A classic cat moment

The second I flipped on the camera my 'helper' took her spot... smack in the middle of the quilt. Such instinct wasted, no less, on a cat. Why don't kids pop into place the second you want them to? No waiting for anyone after practice..... the list is so long it's a waste of time to think about it.

So, anyway, this....



is what I was taking a picture of. My latest finish. A wall hanging from the May/June 2009 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting. It's called Sailing by Lori Hein. I purchased the fabric kit sold thru the magazine. It uses batik fabrics, which are fun to work with. Usually there isn't a front or back to the fabrics and they are a little stiffer then regular cotton but they piece nicely. Also, they come in the most fabulous colors and patterns.

This is the quilt I wanted to quilt myself using the Fab-u-motion attachment for my Pfaff machine. After practicing on various small projects I finally took the plunge and got to work. Each border is done in a different free motion pattern. I think I'm really going to like the machine attachment, but for small things. It's a lot of work pushing and pulling that fabric thru the opening of the machine. I have several other small wall hangings or table toppers I'm going to get at now that I feel like I've taken the plunge and learned how to use the thing.

The kids have left for another week at camp and Buttercup goes this afternoon for her first week at camp. I'll have the house to myself..... I haven't been kid free in a few years! I'm sure the week will race by and I'll only accomplish a fraction of what I'm hoping to get done.

In the mean time, I'm off to switch some laundry around.

The Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment