Saturday, July 3, 2010

You're all going to think

I made up those posts about not having any time to sew since every time you check in I have a new finish to post. Really, I hardly did anything for a couple weeks but now I'm back at it.

This is another piece that's been languishing in my 'waiting to be finished' pile. It's Blackbird Design's Easter Parade. It's in the same pattern booklet that the violets are in (a finish I posted a couple days ago.) There is a clue in this picture about what else is happening around our house today.

The birthday table runner only comes out when it's some one's birthday..... and today Buttercup turns 14. A funny story from the day she was born. We didn't know if she was going to be a girl or a boy, a rarity these days. When a delivery room nurse asked me if we knew and I said we didn't she was most excited to tell me that she was the one that got to tell us! I would have never thought about how the people in the delivery room worked that little detail out. Whoever calls it, or by taking turns, or maybe they draw straws. At any rate, it's something they don't get to do very often anymore.


I am still practicing my machine quilting with the attachment for my sewing machine. I am very close to trying it on something I really want to turn out well. It's supposed to be very hot this weekend so hanging out in my basement sewing room might be just perfect.


Hope everyone has a nice weekend.


The Queen Bee

2 comments:

  1. Both your BBD finishes are so great. I have the chart as well but haven't stitched them so far.
    I love your Holiday Express project, it's really awesome. Looking forward to seeing the next update on it.
    In one of your last posts you ask about chain letters - I rarely get any but if I get one I immediately throw them in the trash. Feeling guilty? Not at all. When it comes to blog awards it's more complicated. I go with Lee there. I don't pass them on but I try to comment on other stitchers' blogs as much as possible. For me the comments are like awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 14th Birthday to your daughter!! That is surprising that you didn't know if you were having a girl or boy 14 years ago. I only knew that my last one was yet another boy, but he is almost 23...

    Love, love, love Easter Parade--you did a beautiful job on it :)

    ReplyDelete