Thursday, September 16, 2010

A finish and a start

First, La-D-Da's Zippity do da is finished. Such a fun little stitch. I used the recommended WDW fabric and NPS fibers. Wow, were those nice to stitch with.




Then, I started Blackbird Designs' Midnight Watch. While the photo is ever so slightly blurry it shows the fabric color the best. It has since started raining so there are no 'do overs' today.


Generally, I wouldn't start with the border but I guess I was up for the challenge. I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that it all meets up when I get around to the other side. Normally, I'd wait and do the border at the end when I can count and recount it's placement based on the picture inside. Hope I don't regret working backwards on this piece.




That's it for today.


The Queen Bee

4 comments:

  1. I so hope you have better luck with the border than I did! I was able to find all my "added bits" while stitching the middle :P

    Zippity looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zippity Do Da looks great! Love the little bird.

    Lovely start on Midnight Watch. Fingers crossed that the border matches up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finish.

    I am the same way about borders, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zippity Do Da is such a happy looking piece--even the lettering style is uplifting :)

    Gosh, you are brave to do the border first--I know that I would miscount. I do love this one and what a perfect time of year to be stitching it...

    ReplyDelete