Friday, September 3, 2010

The final finish of summer



Yesterday I finished this twin size quilt. Tomorrow I'll take it to the long arm quilter along with the last one I finished. They use some of the same fabrics and will, hopefully, compliment each other in the same bedroom. I loved making this quilt top. (Being the lazy person that I am, the pattern is downstairs in my sewing room so I can't tell you the name right off.) I would gladly make this one again but with one change. I seriously didn't pay attention to the fact that directional fabric would take some concentration and different cutting. DOY! Thankfully, I caught that little detail while cutting all those yards of sand fabric and made the appropriate adjustments. Half the squares had to be facing one direction and the other half another.



It will take until January or February for the quilting so they won't resurface until then.

Today is supposed to be the last hot day of the season. I will be happy to see the end of the heat. Ugh. The weatherman said it was the hottest summer on record for our area. Good riddance, I say.

I'm holding off on getting out fall decorations until next week when the kids head back to school. I'll let them enjoy their last weekend of summer vacation, although the trees are changing and the temps are to drop more then 20 degrees by tomorrow.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend.

The Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment