January Challenge piece is finally finished. Not my first, as in the first ever, but the one I started on January 1st.
This was a hard won finish. It just took me forever to stitch. 40 count linen just isn't for me.
Wrinkles and all. The red ran on a prior wetting so I'm going to have to address that problem soon. It will either all have red run spots or I'll get them out.
There's one big mistake in this piece. I know nobody would notice but it harkens back to my previously address problems with the color Pablano Pepper. That color is out to get me. Apparently some lengths of thread worked themselves into this batch of threads and I used it as the light green on the left side of the picture instead of the green the word 'peace' is written in. Figures. It works so I left it alone. Plus, I didn't notice until after stitching for 2 hours and there was no way I was going backwards on this.
I'm imagining this finished as a pillow with red velvet.