Thursday, August 25, 2011

Smitten

That's the name of my most recent quilt.  I saw the pattern at The Fat Quarter Shop and knew it was perfect for the Sunkissed line of fabrics by Moda. 

I spent 3 long afternoons whipping this up so I'd have something to take to be quilted a few weeks back when my friend and I went on an outing to a quilt shop about an hour from here.  They worked their magic and had it quilted in just a matter of days.  It took me another week to go get it then another week to sew the binding on then ANOTHER week to photograph it!  I finally gave up on waiting for the perfect outdoor conditions and snapped a few pictures today.

I used fabric from the same line for the backing.

Somehow, it looks like the colors are lost when I upload the pictures.  They're pretty good on the computer....hmmmm.  Anyhow, here is a closer look.  Besides the white neutral background, the pattern calls for 3 charm packs to construct the design.  It was fun and easy to make.  



Thank you all for your kind thoughts on settling The Boy Wonder in at school.  He seems to be doing well.  The rest of the freshmen arrive today and classes start next week.  The Scholar will pack her car and head out tomorrow.  We'll be finding our 'new normal' soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm smitten with Smitten--it is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those must have been long afternoons! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to have found your blog Pam, beautiful handwork:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I'm not sure which is more amazing, how fast you got it done, or how fast they had quilted it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt - I like that fabric range a lot, great colours!

    ReplyDelete