My Monday link-up with Bonnie's blog is not so impressive.
I had less time in my sewing room than expected even though I thought I was making huge progress when I was there.
I mean...there are like a million pieces in each block and I have them almost done...except all that sashing...and the borders....and the corner stones in the sashing, not to mention assembly. Yup. Right. Almost done. NOT.
I piled up my pieces...25 of each. You just can't spend a lot of time worrying about what fabric is next to what because the over all quilt will just be so busy you'd never notice. Below you can see the top row is assembled and the first two blocks of the middle row.
These tools are a must when joining so many seams, angles and pieces.
At first I was pinning every intersection. I thought I'd be at it for a month at that rate so I just started taking my chances since I operate pinless most of the time anyhow.
I might have 10 blocks completely finished but not the sashing or borders so I have a lot of work ahead.
I am not sure what I think of this pattern. I find it hard to find anywhere for my eye to rest. Maybe once I have more of it finished something will jump out as a focal point. I am not sure what I would have done differently, though, had I known the pattern. I just don't see what I would have wanted to stand out and what I would have wanted to recede into the background. Hmmm. I sure do like all those bright colors during the bitter cold dreary January weather.