Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A hot cup of....

tea, cocoa, coffee?

Indeed, we could use any of those this June turned winter.  It's been in the 40's here in upstate NY for the last few days.  We've had to pull out winter clothes, extra blankets, and turn the heat back on.

That didn't stop us from having an ice cream social, as planned, for the last meeting of the year in my quilt guild.  

Last fall I posted about my quilt guild taking on a block of the month project. In From The Cold was a free pattern from The Fat Quarter Shop using Kate Spain's In From the Cold line of fabric.  When I posted my finish back in August and mentioned that we'd be doing it as a block of the month I got a comment from Kate encouraging the project.  So, in light of the designer's interest, here are some of the tops that people brought to show at our last meeting of the year.







I know there are a few more tops that weren't brought in but isn't the variety great?  So many different looks.  Goes to show how versatile the pattern can be.  You're only limited by your imagination. 

On the home front...watch for a finish or two.  My commitment to finishing old projects continues.

Pam


1 comment: