Saturday, June 6, 2015

Looky-looky....

Yesterday I went to a quilt show hosted by a nearby quilt guild.  They put on a fabulous show every two years with approximately 550 quilts and quilted items on display.  They also do an Iron Women competition on Saturdays but I will miss it this time around.  I am fascinated by that endeavor and hope to enter it some year.  I just need a buddy to join me.  Someone who can calm my panic!  I am SO NOT creative like that. 

 A view from above.

 

And...down there in the mix is this....

  
Chicks Jubilee, a Bunny Hill Design that I posted about a couple months ago here.   Having a quilt judged and getting feedback from the judges is not an easy step.  In fact, I haven't seen the comments yet.  I'm bracing myself.  I mean....look at what won first place in the same category. 


 There were so many lovely quilts.


Love this pattern by Jan Patek.  


I have this pattern along with a variety of fabrics in my stash.  I do love those tiny pieces!


And, given my new plan to finish things I've started, we might be seeing this one in the near future.  I have all the embroidery finished.  I just need to pull out the fabrics and get working on the blocks.


My friend Sally entered some lovely things.



Isn't this art quilt wonderful.  (I should have gotten some close ups.)


Sally entered her In From the Cold quilt from our year long block of the month in our quilt guild.  It gives me a little thrill to see these done since I organized that program. 


I took this picture to show Buttercup what we could be doing with her out-grown Groovy Girl dolls!


On my life time to-do list is a log cabin city scape. 


Finally, and because I just can't show you everything, this very clever art quilt capturing the beauty of the Finger Lakes region.  I wish I had the ability to create something like this. Look at how the sky is an areal view of the region, the middle is a view of a lake over the hills and the foreground features grapes and grape vines.


Phew.  That was a lot of pictures! 

After such an exciting show I need to get back to my sewing room and direct some of that energy towards my piles of projects.

Pam

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! Congratulations! Your quilt is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congratulations to you! Your quilt is amazing and 2nd Place is just awesome. I love "Chicks Jubilee" and all things Bunny Hill!!

    You should let Anne Sutton at Bunny Hill know about your win - I just know she will be thrilled formyiuntoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on second place. What an amazing array of quilts! Stiff competition I would say. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me the designs people come up with on quilts. One is prettier then the next. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have that pattern of Over the River and Through the Woods.....It was so nice to actually see it sewn up!! It is on my WIP but it should say something about "Works Never gotten to the point of Progress". I am new to your blog and enjoyed my visit.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete