Declaring a sewing day proved to be very productive. So, yesterday I set out to take pictures of what I did.
First the good:
I found myself in need of a Christmas tree skirt. This is the mystery quilt from my quilt guild last year. I quilted it, cut a circle in the middle and a straight line up from a corner. I am still sewing the binding on. I like how it came out. Here is a picture before I cut into it.
Isn't really all that bad.
I finished quilting this primitive Halloween wall hanging. It really is square, the edges that don't look straight are just from it not lying flat... with the exception of the area over the star in the top row. Honestly, I don't even want to explain how that happened. It's a primitive piece, it looks it. We'll leave it at that.
& the messy.....
On Saturday I finished a cute little Lizzie Kate piece into a beaded edge ornament. Problem is, I can't find it. I have no idea where I put it to await it's mate. It's not on the tree, it's not on the little pegs where I put ornaments until Christmas, it's not in the little plastic box with the matching piece. I have no idea. I rarely lose anything despite my work space looking like this.......
This is how I left everything Sunday night. The machine needle broke and I just left it. It was too late to be sewing, anyhow, so I thought it best to just abandon it until morning. (I'm still not even showing you the worst of the mess.) I did, however, clean up all those spilled threads from last month. That's replaced by my 15 (aka 18) projects for the January challenge. I am most afraid that the ornament might have dropped off the sewing table into the waste basket. Saturday is garbage day. Cringe. I'm hoping I worked on it AFTER waste basket emptying but can't really remember. Wish me luck as I search again today.