Sunday, December 12, 2010

An update on a

couple of projects.  First, here are the 2 Lizzie Kate ornaments.  I'm happy to say that they're safely on the tree and the second one (be merry) didn't give me anywhere near as much trouble as the first. 
Second, here is the mystery quilt turned tree skirt in position.  I am very happy with how it turned out.  It's also nice that I could finish a project into something useful when it had previously been folded away because I didn't have any idea what to do with it.

Today it's raining.  Tonight it 'might' turn icy then snowy.  I was banking on a snow day tomorrow but maybe the weather reporters have backed off on how bad it's supposed to be.  I planned ahead, anyway.  I changed my haircut appointment from Monday to this past Friday and shopped for cookie baking ingredients.  Even if the kids go to school I'm set for a day at home.  Knock on wood, if the bad weather does hit, that we aren't left without electricity!  Wouldn't that just figure?  I could still stitch and read by day light but the kids might be at lose ends.

Back to the sewing room.

The Queen Bee

3 comments:

  1. Your tree skirt turned out wonderfully!!! The ornaments turned out great too. Keep warm with the impending weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ornaments. I like the happy colors. I can be so over red and green. A tree skirt is great use of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to turn the quilt into a tree skirt, Pam! Would you believe I've never had a tree skirt--just lay fluffy white towels underneath so they look like snow. That's what my mom did, so that's what I do :)

    ReplyDelete