Monday, May 10, 2010

A finish and another purse

First up is 'Mississippi Riverboat' by Little House Needleworks done on a piece of 32 count Picture This Plus 'Mello'. This was fun to stitch and Mello is a great fabric color.




Next is the purse. It's another Interchangeable bag by Ellen Medlock, but made with a twist.

I used Texture Magic, a very cool product.



First you stitch it onto the back of the fabric then use steam to shrink it giving the fabric a crinkled look. I stitched it in a 1" grid over the entire piece of fabric. Another way to do it is to follow the sizing instructions and cut the pattern pieces large and then apply the Texture Magic. I chose to shrink the fabric then cut the pieces because the pattern pieces had a curve so it was harder to tell how to make the appropriate adjustment.


Here is a swatch I tested it on next to the fabric ready to be shrunk.


It looked like this all shrunk up after applying steam to the back of the fabric.



The finished product......


It was a fun product to work with.


Tonight I plan to work on my Monday SAL piece.... 'The Library' by Little House Needleworks. I think I'll need just one more Monday to finish the current library window. Then I'll take a picture to show it off.

I'm off.

The Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment