Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photo success..... sort of.

Despite looking like I stood on my head to get this picture, it's the best of the lot. I was standing on a chair looking from the top down. With a quilt like this, it's hard to give each part it's due in a photo. I can't get in a position to take a straight on photo. Anyhow, here it is. Heart and Home. It was a 6 month quilt class at my local quilt shop. It was really fun and very different from anything I've ever made. Tons of piecing in the houses and the border.... I can't even tell you how many pieces are in that heart and ribbon border. A gazillion. I took it to my quilt guild Monday night for show'n'tell and someone asked me how I did the applique and I said there wasn't much applique. Duh.... I guess I completely blocked out those sections with the trees, bunnies, and leaves. I worked like mad to have that done between classes so I'd stay on schedule. I'm not sure where it will hang, but I'll find somewhere.

2 posts in one day. You're going to wonder if I don't have anything else to do. Mostly I'm finding other things to do instead of the errands I have to run. I have to go to the bank and buy Mexican Pesos for the Scholar. Can't say I'm excited about this trip but I have to trust the organizers to know what they're doing. Plus, I'm sure I've mentioned the Scholar's love of travel. No amount of argument is going to keep her from seeing the world. Brings back memories of my own college days when I spent 6 weeks in San Salvador in the Bahamas. Oh, Lord.... I should stop right now or I might have to 'accidentally' misplace her passport. Just kidding..... really....

I have to keep reminding myself that my niece, who is a year ahead of the Scholar in school, manages to find trips to places like Africa and India. India for her semester abroad! Yikes. I'll take Spain, which is where she's planning to go next winter.

The Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment