Here it is... in all it's stitchy glory. Holiday Express. You can read about this project here.
I have finished all the full x's. The back stitching is done from the right hand edge to the engine. Random back stitching is finished in the rest of the picture, but the bulk remains. Also, the half stitches that make the mountains and smoke need finished. Both those steps could take quite a lot of time. I am still celebrating this first huge hurdle, though.
One thing that might jump out at anyone familiar with this piece is that I ended about 20 stitches short on the left. There should be about 1 1/2 inches more of the building but due to a miscalculation in fabric I got over that way and discovered I didn't have room. I never ever start a project anywhere but the middle. But, since this one was so large I started all the way over on the right. I hold my projects with my left hand and didn't want the center part getting held so much while I worked my way to the right then over to the left. Hence, the mismeasurement. I always request my fabric be large enough to include 3 inches all the way around but I guess this one wasn't cut that way. I'm pretty sure that little misstep isn't going to matter in the larger scheme of things.
Now, if I could just keep up the momentum I'll reach my August goal.
The Queen Bee