Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another book finished

I don't think I've ever read a Joanna Trollope book before.  The idea of this one was intriguing, though.  A man dies, and at the reading of his will, his current family learns that his previous family will inherit the bulk of his estate.  The book is told from both ends.... the old family and the new family.  I think we are supposed to feel for the current family.  Somehow I found that hard to do.  They felt like they'd been wronged by the man's first family, as if the new 'wife' (they never actually got married despite having 3 children) didn't have an affair with him and steal him away.  The man never had contact with that first family again!  Huh... hard to muster much sympathy.  I don't want to spoil the book because it's not a bad story.  In fact, I kind of enjoyed the story and the drama of the family getting themselves back in order.

I have no idea what I'll pick up next.  I've found it best not to plan because sometimes I shuffle thru the books and pick up something other then what I thought I'd read.  We'll all just have to be surprised together.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment