Saturday, November 13, 2010

How many times

do you have to do something before it becomes a habit?  Probably far fewer for a bad habit then a good habit.  Whatever the number, I do not intend for this PICTURE LESS posting to become a habit.  There were simply no photos taken today to help illustrate my post.  Sorry.  I won't let it happen again, any time soon, anyway. 

Today we drove to College Town to sit thru an information session with The Scholar about her stay in Spain.  Interesting.  While I have the normal anxieties about letting a kid go to Europe for 5 months, I've been to the country, twice, so have a level of confidence the other parents lack.  Lucky me.  I wish I could be young again and embarking on a similar journey.  Modern technology is wonderful.  I will learn to SKYPE. 

But, here's what I learned today....... sophomore girls are SO MUCH tidier then freshman girls.  Phew.  I was considering staying in the dorm lobby today.  Last year I saw more then enough dorm messes to last me a few years.  Here it was Saturday morning, hallways were clean, doors had fall decorations, and best of all.... their suite was clean and they had a CROSS STITCH decoration on the wall.  The best surprise came when we returned to the dorm after the meeting..... The Scholar and a suitemate are learning to knit!  Will wonders ever cease?  I even taught them to purl.  I'm speachless.

Pam

1 comment:

  1. One of my coworkers has a daughter doing a semester in Honduras. I think Skype has really helped her deal with having her daughter so far away. My daughter uses Skype but I don't want to use it because I don't want anyone to have to see my aging face!

    ReplyDelete