Monday, July 11, 2011

Pillow Case Tutorial

Yesterday I was chatting with my mother and sister.  They'd been making pillow cases.  When I mentioned how much fun I thought they were I discovered they didn't know about the method I'd learned thru a quilt shop demo. 

Making pillow cases is a cool way to use up some fabric or to compliment a bed quilt.  Also, it's a great way to use cute novelty fabrics that you don't know what else to do with.  I've made my kids any number of cases using fabric that caught my eye and reminded me of them.

So, in an effort to show them.... because telling them how over the phone just wasn't going to work...I made a pillow case this morning and photographed the process.  Probably there is a name for this method but I just learned thru a demo.  Since it's a very picture heavy process... I created a page for just those pictures. 

Check it out.... even non-quilters who can sew a straight seam can make these.  Give it a try and let me know what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment