Sunday, July 31, 2011

To set goals or not to set goals.

When my kids were younger I used to ask them what their summer goals were.  They looked at me all funny and asked why the heck they needed to set goals over the summer.  An explanation of why goal setting made people happier, more successful, or whatever mumbo jumbo I could come up with would ensue.  Being a stay at home mom made me aware of just how many free hours it takes to make up a summer..... a crap load.  So, I was hoping they'd set some simple kid friendly summertime goals we could work towards.  They'd end up saying things like going to the arcade and riding go carts, reaching a certain level on a video game, and listing some movies they wanted to see.  Fine.... gave us something to work towards.  My goal, summer after summer, was to read a lot and sew a lot.  They caught on after a few years that I was just saying the same thing, but really and truly, those were my goals.  So, what's my point?  I pretty much don't set goals either. 

However, this month, I thought I'd finish a certain few Crazy January challenge pieces, bind the 2 newly quilted quilts, and finish this challenge piece.   I've done all of those except for finishing Peppermint Twist.  That Crazy January Challenge piece needs special concentration and a magnifier that ties me to one stitching chair and I just haven't been hanging in that room this summer. 

The Sweet Home Alabama piece must remain a surprise until Anna reveals it on her blog.  You'll just have to wait for that. 

The second quilt that came back from the quilter was Apple Crisp.  I made this during the winter and posted about it once or twice.  I love the fall colors. 
I think I can finish Peppermint Twist in the next 2 weeks.  Buttercup will be away for a second week at camp plus a little vacation with a friend so I should (knock on wood) have some good stitching time.  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment