Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Friday.....

who doesn't like Friday.  I'm off to set up for the aforementioned church rummage sale.  No AC there, either.  I'm a glutton of punishment, I guess.  Knock on wood I find a bargain that makes all this work a little more fun.

I finally finished sewing the binding on this quilt.  This is the original, unquilted picture. 

 And, here it is all quilted enjoying a moment in the sunshine....

If you click the picture you can get a closer look at the quilting.  It's just a flowing flowery pattern in a variegated thread.  It enhances the quilt pattern nicely. 

I first blogged about this quilt here.  It was so fun and easy to make.  The original pattern was posted by Rachel last summer as a weekly project.  (She posted 1 step per week for 4 weeks.) You can find her tutorial here.  Scroll down to the postage stamp quilt.  She called for 2 jelly rolls, a plain and a patterned.  Mine used a little more of each since I made mine a little bigger.  Now, every time I see a fabric I like I want the jelly roll so I can do this quilt again.  Fun and easy despite the overall look of tedium.  Like many quilts, larger pieces are sewn together then recut and sewn again.... so I never really handled a 2 1/2 inch square.  Anyone who thinks they'd like to quilt but can't imagine sewing all those pieces could do this one and safely call themselves a quilter.

Still no picture of my way cute flip flop glasses.  They're currently in the dishwasher. Tomorrow?  We'll see.  Possibly the suspense keeps you coming back. 

3 comments:

  1. oooo love the colours on your quilt and shame no glasses again ..lol love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your quilt - the colours are pretty and I like the tiny squares!

    ReplyDelete