Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A smell that means Christmas.

Getting ready for Christmas is going to happen slowly this year.

I never decorate before Thanksgiving but since it was late I feel behind already.

One item I did pull out recently was the snowman that holds a basket I usually fill with candy.  I am not putting together the candy Advent wreath that I've used for years but the girls suggested I still put some of the familiar Brach's Peppermint Christmas Nougats in the snowman's basket. 





As soon as I opened the bag and got a whiff of the familiar peppermint candies that we only eat at Christmas I felt that familiar holiday excitement. 

Without the kids around the house every day I am not motivated to decorate but since they'll be home in just over a week I'll get there.

I still have 23 days.  

Pam

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried one of those candies--they sound delicious, Pam... Yes, I'm the same way about my decorating, although I did force myself to do most of it Sunday afternoon. Still need to do the tree decorating, but at least it's up and lit :)

    ReplyDelete