Friday, December 12, 2014

Decorating.

I have not had my usual zest for decorating this year.  Although, it's not over yet so maybe there will be an explosion one of these days.

I did put together one of my favorite decorations the other day. 

This sits on the counter at our breakfast bar so I can enjoy it from the kitchen sink area.



I found an old flour sifter at an antique store and filled it with clippings from our cedar tree.  I also made a few applesauce cinnamon ornaments that have stood the test of time. 



I filled a little bowl with cranberries...fresh out of the freezer so they frosted up for a minute...along with a votive candle and another cinnamon-applesauce ornament.




As a place mat I made one block from a quilt pattern using primitive looking fabrics and washed it to make it all crinkled.

Progress.  And, so far, the cats aren't interested.  

13 days....

Pam

  

1 comment:

  1. Your new display looks very cozy, Pam--love the cinnamon applesauce ornaments. I remember making them when the guys were little :)

    ReplyDelete