Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9 of 31 Days of Stitching and Sewing Posts

It's a new day with lots of time for catching up.  I've had a busy morning with church, grocery shopping, some housework and laundry.  The afternoon is mine for reading, computer time, stitching &  maybe a nap.  I am sleeping with one ear open, more often then not, as The Boy Wonder leads the social life of a high school senior.  (Lucky boy!) 

The Scholar has updated her blog with news of her arrival in Oviedo.  Click her pseudo picture on the right to see what she's up to.

On the stitching front.... first I have a picture of Thursday's project.  Country Cottage Needleworks' ABeeC Sampler.  Lovely colors. 

Last night I put a few token stitches in Tournicoton's Père Noël Charmant.  And you'll also notice I am mentally sharp enough to get the accents correct.  Phew, I did feel bad about that.  Each language has it's own special details I don't intent to neglect.  While this piece is small, it comes on 3 pages.... there is that much detail.  Those 3 pages are followed by 3 more pages of pictures and descriptions, in French, of how to make all the specialty stitches.  While I can follow the picture portion, the last page will probably remain a mystery.  There are 8 numbered instructions.  I have no idea what it's telling me.  Maybe it's finishing instructions.  I suspect I'll be ok with the pictures and the added detail written on the pattern. 


And, finally, on to today's start.  It's a small one with the hopes of actually finishing it today.  Knock on wood.  It's a little freebie from Brightneedle.  This past spring I visited a nice little shop in Trenton, Florida where they had this kitted up with the fabric and threads.  It can be done 1 over 1 or 2 over 2.  I'm aiming for 1 over 1.  We'll see how that works out.  I'd like to have the delicate look you get from stitching 1 over 1 but I'm not sure if my eyes are up to it.
I better get busy.  Somehow time just flies by when I get in front of the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment